Reg Haskell Photography

The Round Houses at Veryan

   
The Round Houses were built between 1815 & 1818 by Veryan's vicar Jeremiah Trist. There is a pair at the entrance to the village at Veryan Green and another two at the village entrance at the Pendaver Road. All four are thatched while a fifth behind the school has a slate roof. Trist installed crosses on each of the houses to deter the devil from entering the village.
Return to Album