Reg Haskell Photography

The Camelia House at Woburn Abbey

   
1822 by Sir Jeffry Wyatville for John 6th Duke of Bedford. Brick with ashlar dressings. Single-storeyed quadrant plan. S (Main) elevation: consists of large full-length window panels separated by simply moulded piers. Windows are small-paned with wood glazing bars, central panel including French windows. Plain parapet. Interior: cast iron tie beams, lower sides arched, with pierced decoration to spandrels. Shallow hipped glazed roof.
(Ref: NHLE)
Return to Album