CASCADE AND MUSIC TEMPLE AT WEST WYCOMBE PARK

   
The Cascade isC18 with C20 alterations and additions. A print of 1757 shows a triple cascade under an arch of artificial rocks. Now with 5 segmental brick arches flint faced with keystones, brick bands, ashlar copings. 2 C20 pedestals either side with reclining female figures in fibre glass imitating lead.

The Music Temple. 1778-80 by Nicholas Revett. Single storey rectangular block with semi-circular east end loggia. Cement rendering, hipped Welsh slate roof. Modified Tower of the Winds capitals to columns and pilasters under entablature with dentil cornice. East elevation central doorway, two thirds glazed door, flanking pair of sash windows, all with glazing bars. Pedimented west end.
Return to Album