Jordans Mill, Biggleswade

 
 
A Victorian Mill situated on the banks of the River Ivel in Biggleswade.

Holme Mills was bought by a local farmer William Herbert Jordan in 1855. The mill caught fire in 1894 and burnt down again in 1899. It produced flour until 1972 when W. Jordan (Cereals) Ltd was formed.

Holme Mill itself became a museum in 2013 with the opening of a visitor centre, after production transferred to a local new facility
Return to Album
RSS: RSS Mash | Blog | Photos RSS